The Institute of Company Secretaries of India announced the date of ICSI CSEET 2021. As per the official notification released by the Institute, the entrance test would be conducted on 10th July 2021
The last date to apply for the ICSI CSEET is 15th June 2021.
What is ICSI CSEET?
“ICSI CSEET is the qualifying entrance test for registration to the CS Executive Programme” conducted by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
This test is conducted 4 times in a year, mostly in the months of January, May, July & November. It’s a national level examination. The language of the examination is English and the purpose of conducting this exam is to train and certify the candidates who aspire to become Company Secretaries.
Considering the ongoing Pandemic, the mode of conduct of the entrance test has been changed from test centers to Remote/ Online Mode. The CSEET shall be conducted through REMOTE Proctored Mode instead of conducting through test centers.
Eligibility Criteria For ICSI CSEET 2021
A candidate should check the eligibility criteria before applying for CSEET. For being eligible, the candidate needs to meet the minimum criteria of qualification laid down by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- A candidate passed / appearing in the Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination or equivalent thereto is eligible to appear in the CSEET.
- All Graduates/ Post Graduates who were hitherto eligible for registration directly to the CS Executive Programme, are also required to pass the CSEET to become eligible for registration to the Executive Programme.
- Candidates of Indian Nationality can only apply for this test and candidates from foreign nationality are not eligible for the same.
- Candidates below the age of 17 years are also not eligible for appearing in the test.
But there are some exemptions for appearing in CSEET
- Candidates who have passed CS Foundation Programme are exempted from CSEET without any payment of exemption fee.
- Candidates who have passed the Final Examination of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and/or The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) are exempted from CSEET
The CS Executive Entrance Examination will be conducted on 10th July 2021. The last date to apply for the ICSI CSEET is 15th June 2021.
Modes of appearing in Test on 10th July 2021
Candidates are allowed to appear for the test through their own laptop/ desktop from home/such other convenient place. Candidates shall not be allowed to appear through smart phone (mobile)/tablet etc.
Changes in the format of CSEET Exam
Prior to this notification the CSEET was to be conducted including following-
- Computer based test of 120 minutes consisting of various questions
- Viva Voce of 15 mins on Presentation and Communication Skills
But in this notification, the requirement of Viva Voce has been done away with.
What are the essentials to be ensured for this mode of examination?
- Students can use their own laptop/ computers for appearing in this exam
- Students can decide their location for appearing in this test
- Students are not allowed to use smart phones for appearing in this test
- Uninterrupted power supplies are to be arranged by the students themselves
- Ensuring continuous internet connectivity will also be the responsibility of the students.
The new break up for computer based CSEET in MCQ pattern of 120 minutes would be as under
|Sr. No.||Subjects||No. Of questions||Marks|
|2.||Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning||35||50|
|3.||Economic and Business Environment||35||50|
|4.||Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills||35||50|
CSEET July 2021 Syllabus
|Business Communication||1) Essentials of Good English|
3) Business Correspondence
|Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning||1) Constitution of India|
2) Indian Contract Act & Law of Torts
3) Elements of Company Secretaries Legislation
4) Elements of Company law
5) Logical Reasoning
6) Verbal Reasoning
7) Non verbal Reasoning
|Economic and Business Environment||1) Basics of Demand and Supply|
2) Forms of Market Competition
3) National Income Accounting and related concepts
4) Indian Union Budget
5) Indian Financial Markets
6) Indian Economy
7) Indian Economy
8) Business Environment
9) Key Government Institutions
|Current Affairs and Presentation and Communication Skills||1) Current Affairs of National and International Significance|
2) Presentation Skills
3) Written Communication Skills
4) Oral Communication Skills
CSEET July 2021 Complete Syllabus Download
Syllabus for Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test
Introduction of Syllabus for Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET)
Download Your CSEET Admit Card
Books which can be referred
Considering this exam to be highly competitive and on national level, every student must prepare to qualify the same. ICSI has not exclusively recommended any of the reference books for preparing the examination and scoring excellent marks subject wise. Although this is not an exhaustive list, students can definitely score good marks by referring to these study books.
- For preparing the questions Company Law, students can refer books from Taxmann publishers.
- Even they can also find really good Multiple Choice Questions on Company Law from this publisher.
- The conceptual understanding regarding Business Communication can be made from the ICSI study material only.
- For understanding Business and Commercial laws, students can refer books of CS Anoop Jain.
- For updating the knowledge current affairs, any periodicals, newspapers or journals can serve the purpose.
Although students can also refer to some of the previous year question papers for preparing well in the exam and consequently they can also prepare along with the speed and meeting the timeline requirement of clearing the exam.
CSEET July Passing Criteria
Candidates are required to secure a minimum of 40% marks in each part, i.e., Paper- 1, Paper -2, Paper -3 and Paper -4 separately as the case may be, and 50% marks in aggregate of all parts put together for passing the Test .
There will be no negative marking for wrong answers. The minimum CS Executive Entrance Test percentage to be scored is 50%.
ICSI CSEET July 2021 Registration Fees
The registration fees for appearing in ICSI CSEET May is Rs. 1000/- per student per appearance. There are some concessions also applicable Registration fees, which are as under-
|Category||Concession in percentage|
|Widows and Wards of Martyrs||100%|
|Serving / Retired Person of Indian Army||50%|
|Student from Union territories of Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh||100%|
|ICSI Staff and wards/ spouse of ICSI staff||75%|
|Student from other Northestern part of India, Andaman & Nicobar Island and Himachal Pradesh||50%|
|ICLS Officers/Officers and staff of MCA and affiliated offices||100%|
Watch Free CSEET Lecture Free
We are pleased to inform UNIQUE ACADEMY FOR COMMERCE provides FREE CSEET Video Lectures to All the Students on its YouTube Channel and UNIQUE ACADEMY Website. In these classes, renowned and learned faculty members conduct sessions on the Papers of CSEET. The details of CSEET Preparation Classes is given below.
CSEET Registration Documents Required
A candidate applying for CSEET should also upload a certain set of mandatory documents while getting himself registered. The list has been finalized by the ICSI along with the specifications of size, type, version etc.
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Certificate of Date of Birth
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket if appearing in 10+2 examination
- Pass Certificate of 10+2 examination
- Category certificate applicable to candidate appearing from special category
Procedure of Test
- Log in through secured id and password given by ICSI. These will come through email and SMS
- Completing the process of Identity verification. This can be done through facial recognition. Then candidate will be required to submit admit card and other details as required for appearing in the exam
- Candidate can not violate any rules during exam. If it happens then system will automatically collect data. The test will be cancelled immediately.
- Live proctors would be there. They can chat with the test takers during exam.
- ICSI has also shared helpline numbers for facing any difficulty in examination
- No bio breaks will be allowed during test
- Starting of the test will take place with the “Sign in” option given on the sheet
- Ending of the test will be done when a candidate clicks “End task” option given on the screen
- Navigational instructions will also follow in the same manner i.e. going to previous question, next, marking as read etc
- Test summary will be presented once the candidate clicks the option “End Test”
- Colour Scheme given by ICSI in the test
|Questions which are not visited||Marked in white colour|
|Questions which are not answered||Marked in red colour|
|Questions which have been answered||Marked in Green Colour|
|Questions which are not answered and marked for review||Marked in Orange Colour|
|Questions which are answered and marked||Marked in Blue colour along with tag|
Students can change the response for any question before submitting the test by marking a new response. If the student wants to clear the previous type , then he can click the “clear” button.