As released by THE INSTITUTE OF COST ACCOUNTANTS OF INDIA
(STATUTORY BODY UNDER AN ACT OF PARLIAMENT)
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India vide notification G/128/03/2023 dated 28th March 2023, has released the details of fees applicable for conversion from Old Syllabus to New Syllabus.
Following are some of the important points to be taken note of, from the notification
- The Council of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India at its 341st Meeting has decided that students seeking conversion from Old Syllabus to Syllabus 2022 (application through Online Portal in the Students’ Section) shall pay fee of Rs. 250/- for conversion.
- They need not mandatorily purchase the Study Materials from the Institute, which at the time of conversion will be optional for the students.
- This Notification is in partial amendment for Notification vide Ref. No. G/128/1/2023 dated 31/1/2023.
Explanation & Understanding of Notification
- According to the official website, icmai.in, the ICMAI CMA exams 2023 under the new syllabus 2022 will begin in the June term while the exams under the previous syllabus will last until December 2023.
- The ICMAI, on February 13, exempted Common Admission Test (CAT) pass out students from appearing in Business Laws and Ethics (BLE) paper under new syllabus 2022.
- The council had clarified that the subject exemption granted to the CAT pass out students for pursuing the CMA course under new syllabus is also available to CAT course part I pass out students.
- Business Laws and Ethics (BLE) is paper 5 under the CMA intermediate course for group 1. The intermediate course had 8 papers. The three papers – financial accounting, direct and indirect taxation, cost accounting are the subjects that are still part of the new syllabus.