“ICSI CSEET is the qualifying entrance test for registration to the CS Executive Programme” conducted by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
The official date of CSEET has been announced by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India. The official notification has been released by the Institute and the date of the entrance test has been announced as 12th Nov 2022 which will be an online exam through REMOTE Proctored Mode instead of conducting through test centers.
- What is REMOTE Proctored Mode?
- What are the essentials to be ensured for this mode of examination?
- Important Dates
- Modes of appearing in Test on 12th Nov 2022
- Change in the format of CSEET Exam
- Technical Requirements/ Specifications for REMOTE Proctored Mode of CSEET examination- 12th Nov 2022
This decision has been taken by the Institute keeping in view the condition of ongoing PANDEMIC.
What is REMOTE Proctored Mode?
This type of mode of examination means writing the exam in a remote area/ location. The integrity of the exam has to be ensured. All the prerequisites of the normal mode of exam have to be maintained in parallel.
Also this mode facilitates the monitoring of students sitting at a remote location. This means that they can be monitored through video mode also.
What are the essentials to be ensured for this mode of examination?
- Students can use their own laptop/ computers for appearing in this exam
- Students can decide their location for appearing in this test
- Students are not allowed to use smart phones for appearing in this test
- Uninterrupted power supplies are to be arranged by the students themselves
- Ensuring continuous internet connectivity will also be the responsibility of the students
The CS Executive Entrance Examination will be conducted on 12th Nov 2022 and the result will be declared by the 2nd week of Nov 2022. For Nov 2022 session, the dates are yet to be announced.
Modes of appearing in Test on 12th Nov 2022
Candidates are allowed to appear for the test through their own laptop/ desktop from home/such other convenient place. Candidates shall not be allowed to appear through smart phone (mobile)/tablet etc.
Change in the format of CSEET Exam
Prior to this notification the CSEET was to be conducted including following-
- Computer based test of 120 minutes consisting of various questions
- Viva Voce of 15 mins on Presentation and Communication Skills
But in this notification, the requirement of Viva Voce has been done away with. The new break up for computer based CSEET in MCQ pattern of 120 minutes would be as under
|No. Of questions
|Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
|Economic and Business Environment
|Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills
Technical Requirements/ Specifications for REMOTE Proctored Mode of CSEET examination- 12th Nov 2022
1. Time Limits
- Logging into portal 30 mins before the time specified for the commencement of the test.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter into test after lapse of 15 mins of commencement of test
- Students cannot leave before expiry of 90 mins of commencement of test.
Before you read more, I assume you know about CSEET If not, check out these posts:
2. Reference Material Not Allowed
- Any book/ study material is not allowed to be kept by any student during test
- Handwritten/ printed notes area also not allowed
- Any electronic device such as smartphones/ pagers/ digital diary/ scientific or programmable calculator can also not be used
- Additional Laptop and/or Bluetooth devices, Palmtops/Smart Watches or Health bands are not allowed
3. Technical requirements w.r.t. laptops/ desktop being used by the student for appearing in test
ICSI has prescribed various technical specifications
- type of Windows,
- operating systems,
- Web camera,
- Screen resolution
- Browser to be used
- Multimedia support
- Internet Connection
- Antivirus and many more
Which need to be checked and confirmed by every student.
All the relevant details can be taken from the official notification released by ICSI
4. Documents Required
A candidate applying for CSEET should also upload a certain set of mandatory documents while getting himself registered. The list has been finalized by the ICSI along with the specifications of size, type, version etc.
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Certificate of Date of Birth
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket if appearing in 10+2 examination
- Pass Certificate of 10+2 examination
- Category certificate applicable to candidate appearing from special category
5. Procedure of Test
- Log in through secured id and password given by ICSI. These will come through email and SMS
- Completing the process of Identity verification. This can be done through facial recognition. Then candidate will be required to submit admit card and other details as required for appearing in the exam
- Candidates can not violate any rules during the exam. If it happens then the system will automatically collect data. The test will be cancelled immediately.
- Live proctors would be there. They can chat with the test takers during the exam.
- ICSI has also shared helpline numbers for facing any difficulty in examination
- No bio breaks will be allowed during test
- Starting of the test will take place with the “Sign in” option given on the sheet
- Ending of the test will be done when a candidate clicks “End task” option given on the screen
- Navigational instructions will also follow in the same manner i.e. going to previous question, next, marking as read etc.
- Test summary will be presented once the candidate clicks the option “End Test”
- Color Scheme given by ICSI in the test
|Questions which are not visited
|Marked in white color
|Questions which are not answered
|Marked in Red color
|Questions which have been answered
|Marked in Green Color
|Questions which are not answered and marked for review
|Marked in Orange Color
|Questions which are answered and marked
|Marked in Blue color along with tag
Students can change the response for any question before submitting the test by marking a new response. If the student wants to clear the previous type , then he can click the “clear” button.
A student appearing for CSEET online from home on 12th Nov 2022 has to keep all these important aspects in his consideration.