The ICAI has made the CA Intermediate test pattern available on its official website in preparation for the 2022-2023 exams. In CA Intermediate, there are a total of 8 papers, which can be broken down into two distinct categories thanks to the paper layout.
The students will have three hours to do the assignment, which will include both objective and subjective sorts of questions. Each paper is worth a total of one hundred marks. As a result, there are a total of 800 marks available for the CA Intermediate test.
- ICAI CA INTERMEDIATE EXAM PATTERN
- CA INTERMEDIATE MARKING PATTERN
- SUBJECT WISE DISTRIBUTION OF EACH PAPER OF CA INTERMEDIATE
- PASSING MARKS FOR CA INTERMEDIATE EXAM
- TRAINING SESSIONS: FOR DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
- SYLLABUS FOR CA INTERMEDIATE EXAMS
- PREPARATION TIPS
Students must achieve a passing mark of at least 40 percent on each exam question and a group total of 50 percent to pass the examinations.
In addition, there is no provision for negative marking on any of the CA Intermediate examinations. In the traditional sense, the examinations are carried out twice annually, once in the month of May and once in the month of November.
ICAI CA INTERMEDIATE EXAM PATTERN
- The CA Inter course consists of a total of eight different papers that are split between two different groups.
- The Chartered Accountant Intermediate Exam carries a total of 800 points (100 for each paper.)
- In the CA Inter exams, there is no such thing as a “negative” mark.
- The examinations are held in a traditional format, and both English and Hindi are used as the medium.
|Exam Mode||Pen and paper-based|
|Type of question||Objective cum subjective|
|Exam Duration||3 hours per paper|
|Medium of Exam||English/ Hindi|
|Number of Papers||Eight|
|Number of Marks||100 per paper|
CA INTERMEDIATE MARKING PATTERN
|Paper||Comprehension and Knowledge||Application|
|Paper 1: Accounting||5%-15%||85%-95%|
|Paper 2 Part 1: Corporate Laws||40%-55%||45%-60%|
|Paper 2 Part 2: Other Laws||35%-55%||45%-65%|
|Paper 3 Cost and Management Accounting||20%-30%||70%-80%|
|Paper 4A: Taxation- Income Tax Law||5%-20%||80%-95%|
|Paper 4B: Taxation- Indirect Tax Laws||20%-45%||55%-80%|
|Paper 5: Advanced Accounting||30%-55%||45%-70%|
|Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance||5%-15%||85%-95%|
|Paper 7A: Enterprise Information System||30%-55%||45%-70%|
|Paper 7B: Strategic Management||50%-70%||30%-50%|
|Paper 8A: Financial Management||20%-30%||70%-80%|
|Paper 8B: Economics for Finance||60%-80%||20%-40%|
SUBJECT WISE DISTRIBUTION OF EACH PAPER OF CA INTERMEDIATE
|Paper 1: Accounting||100|
|Paper 2: Corporate and Other Law|
Part 1: Company Laws
Part 2: Other Laws
|Paper 3 Cost and Management Accounting||100|
|Paper 4: Taxation|
Part A: Income Tax Law
Part B: Indirect Tax Laws
|Paper 5: Advanced Accounting||100|
|Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance||100|
|Paper 7: Enterprise Information System and Strategic Management|
Part A: Enterprise Information System
Part B: Strategic Management
|Paper 8: Financial Management and Economics for Finance|
Part A: Financial Management
Part B: Economics for Finance
PASSING MARKS FOR CA INTERMEDIATE EXAM
In order to pass the Intermediate exams, students need to earn a score of at least 40 percent on each individual paper and a total of 50 percent for the group as a whole. As a result, the minimum required score to pass each CA Intermediate paper is 40 points, and the minimum required score to pass the group is 200 marks.
If a student has taken the exams for both groups but has passed only one of them with an aggregate score of more than 50 percent, then he will only be considered successful in the one of the two groups in which he participated. He is obligated to hand over the documents for the remaining group.
TRAINING SESSIONS: FOR DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
Candidates who enter the programme via the direct entry method and enrol in the CA programme are required to participate in all three of the required training stages.
In order for a candidate to finally be registered for the Final programme of CA, they must first pass CA. Both of the intermediate groups as well as all three of the required training components need to be finished. The following is a list of essential training requirements that must be met:
- A candidate is eligible to take the CA Intermediate exams when they have completed their practical training for a total of six months (the previous requirement was for nine months).
- Before beginning the articleship, individuals are required to successfully complete a four-week integrated course that focuses on both soft skills and information technology. In addition to that, it ought to include classes such as the Orientation Course (OC) and the Information Technology Course (IT Course).
- Registration is required in order to participate in the practical training that lasts for three years.
SYLLABUS FOR CA INTERMEDIATE EXAMS
Students are required to look at the CA Intermediate course outline for the 2022 exams in order to get a better understanding of the CA Intermediate test paper pattern. Because the CA Inter papers are based on the syllabus, it will be beneficial for you to go over the entire syllabus and establish a study plan before beginning your exam preparations.
Students can check the CA Intermediate Syllabus 2022 on either the ICAI or the unique academy website and even download it there if they so choose. You should also check out the ICAI CA Intermediate Course Guide for the November 2022 exam.
The CA Inter study material for the 2022 examinations has been made available by ICAI. Candidates are able to obtain the official CA Intermediate study material in order to gain a better understanding of the format of the exam, as well as the marks distribution and the topics that are covered in the frequently asked questions section.
The study material for the CA Intermediate Exam Paper includes both practise tests and tests for reviewing previously covered topics.
Before reading further check out these posts:
If students thoroughly practise with the sample questions provided, they will be able to respond accurately without making obvious errors. Their abilities to manage their time more effectively can be honed in this manner, too.
Before sitting for the CA Intermediate Exam, candidates are required to familiarise themselves with and adhere to the following guidelines and recommendations, which are detailed below: –
- After registering for the CA Intermediate exam Paper, one is required to consult the institute’s study material in order to prepare for the exam.
- The question bank for the CA Intermediate exam paper contains a variety of questions, each of which can be answered in a different way.
- In order to have a better understanding of the CA exam format, one must work through the crucial sample test papers that can be found on the official website of the ICAI.
- Candidates for the CA Intermediate test are required to place a greater emphasis on the practical portion of the paper.