CS Executive is the second stage of the professional course of Company Secretary. The executive stage is basically designed to inculcate skills and competence of executive program passed students. The main objective is to make students capable and competent to act as Secretarial Executive in companies or in professional and consultancy firms.
Students can apply for the executive program through the CS foundation route or direct entry route provided by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
For the direct route, the student must have cleared the graduation in commerce, or CMA foundation program, or CA foundation program to register for the executive level.
To appear for the executive program exams, the student must have cleared the Student Induction Program (SIP). Also, they have successfully completed a computer training program as may be specified from time to time by the Council.
The institute has not described any age limit to appear in the CS executive program.
Eligibility Criteria (excluding exemptions)
A candidate should check the eligibility criteria before applying for CS Executive Registration. For being eligible, the candidate needs to meet the minimum criteria of qualification laid down by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. The essential requirements to appear in the CS executive 2021 program are as given below:
|Age Criteria/ Conditions||Educational Criteria/ Conditions|
|Minimum Age criteria|
The candidate must have completed 17 years of age to register for the CS Executive programme. The registration of the candidate below the specified age will not be accepted by the Institute.
Maximum Age Limit
There is no maximum age limit provided by the Institute to register for the CS Executive program.
|In case applied through CS Foundation, then the candidate must have passed CS Foundation exam. |
In case of direct admission to CS Foundation, then the exemption category* for CS Foundation must be adhered to by that candidate.
Exemption category of CS Foundation
The exemption option can be availed in the following cases-
- The applicant must have qualified for the final examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- The applicant must have qualified for the final level of the examination of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- The applicant must have qualified for the final level of the Institute of any other reputed Accountancy/ Professional level Institute in India
- The candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline other than Fine Arts, to become eligible for CS Executive registration as per the eligibility criteria.
CS Executive Registration 2021
The Institute has prescribed an online mode for registering for the CS executive exam. This online registration can be done throughout the year at any point of time.
The registration has to be done on the official website of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. The exam is conducted twice a year.
Depending upon the time of registration, the due date of exam is allotted to candidate. It is to be noted that the candidate thinking of getting himself registered , must note the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Steps for registration for CS Executive by the students
1. Opening of website of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
In order to get registered , first open the website www.icsi.edu in any web browser.
2. Second step would be to click on the icon appearing as “Online Services” on the page opened
3. After clicking on this button, a dropdown menu will start getting appearing showing different options of all online services being provided by the Institute. Out of all these, we have to click on the “Register for CS Course” option.
4. After clicking the Register for CS Course option, following window will appear with a lot of options and text including certain guidelines, instructions etc.
5. Before proceeding further, the student has to ensure that soft copies of the following documents are ready and available in the same computer through which the registration is being done
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- DOB certificate (10th Pass Certificate)
- Qualification Certificate (12th Marksheet or certificate of ICAI/ ICMAI/ Final Pass Certificate)
- Category Certificate (other than general)
- Identity Proof(Aadhar card/ Passport/ Voter ID/ Pan card/ Driving license/ Ration card)
6. Guidelines given by the Institute need to be followed before going further
- All the files should be present in one of the following formats(jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp,pdf).
- The maximum allowed file size is 2 MBs.
- File size of student photo should be between 20kb to 50kb.
- File Size of student signature should be between 10kb to 20kb.
7. Tick the options in the appropriate boxes and proceed further and click the button proceed for registration. After clicking, a new page will be opened. This new page will show two options
– Incomplete Registration
If the student will opt for new registration, the following details are required to be filled.
8. All Basic details are required to be filled, which includes following
- Applied Programme i.e select the same from drop down menu as Executive
- Aadhar Card Number
- Title Mr./Ms./Mrs/Mx
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Re-enter Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Re-Enter Email Address
- Venue for Mandatory One Day Orientation Programme
- Full Address including Country, State/ Province, District, City, Postal Code
- Confirming the Permanent Address in the same manner
After filling all the details, click on the next button
9. After this a new page will appear showing following options
After entering the basic details, a unique request id will be generated which the student has to take into account.
The confirmation will be sent to the registered mobile number.
10. After noting the registration number, click the next button
11. Then the next information to be filled includes the details regarding educational details of the candidate which includes details from 10th till Graduation or 12th as the case may be.
12. The next step is to upload all the documents as mentioned in the beginning of the registration process. The uploading should be confined to the prescribed format and size only.
13. Uploading of Mandatory Documents
c. ID Proof
d. DOB Certificate
e. 10+2 Marksheet/ Certificate
Rest will depend upon the type of category of student who is applying for.
14. Undertaking given on the page has to be ticked by the student before proceeding further. After that click on the option given as “Next” to proceed further.
15. Next Step would be a preview of Application made by the student to cross check all the details entered by the student.
16. Then Click on the confirmation button to proceed further
17. After this, another screen will appear which will include the Payment options
Several payment methods can be utilized to pay the registration fees. The registration fees 2021 can be paid using online means. Candidates need to pay the fees for using the following payment methods.
- Axis Bank- Credit/Debit Card
- Kotak Bank- Credit/Debit Card, Internet Banking, UPI, Wallets
- Bill Desk- Credit/Debit Card, Internet Banking, Wallets, Cash Cards, UPI
- Challan- Challan can be generated at any branch of Canara Bank
The steps for registration fees payment are as given below:
- Choose the preferred payment method
- You will be redirected to a payment gateway
- Fill in the required payment details
- Pay the fees for CS Executive Registration 2021.
A transaction id will be generated and informed to the candidate.
18. The next step is to make payment for getting registered with the Institute.
The fees will depend upon the candidate’s eligibility criteria
|Particulars||Fee Payable ( Rs.) by the students who have passed|
|CS Executive Entrance Test||CS Foundation Programme||Final Course of ICAI (The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India)||Final Course of ICMAI (The Institute of Cost Accountants of India)|
|CSEET Exemption Fee||Nil||Nil||5000||5000|
|Pre_ Exam Test Fee||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|One Day Orientation Prog.||600||600||600||600|
|Chartered Secretary Journal Subscription (Optional) for one year||500||500||500||500|
After entering the fees amount, click on the next button
19. After Payment, the final step of registration will be completed. Candidates will be notified through SMS or email regarding the final registration.
read more, check out these posts:
1. Problems While Preparing Numerical Subject (FM, CMA) in CS Executive
2. How to Prepare for CSEET | Pass CSEET in 1st Attempt